Sunday, May 6, 2012

We did it!

Well, after 6 long years, WE. MADE. IT!!!!! We are college graduates!
My graduation was Friday evening and Matt's was Saturday morning! Mine was long because it was the whole College of Education but I was able to sit by friends so that made it a little less boring! My family got there an hour and a half before the graduation even started because my mom was DETERMINED to get at least one good picture of me! They sat on the front row so I walked right by them after I left the stage!



Saturday morning was Matt's and it was much smaller. It was only his nursing class rather than his whole College of Math and Science! It was nice that it was a more personal ceremony than a typical graduation. I made sure to be one of the first in the door and I got a seat with a perfect view of the stage!

Matt and his friend Tamesha before their graduation!


Getting the nursing pin! And yes, he looked just this excited the whole time he was on the stage!

 But he did stop and smile for me to get a picture after he walked off the stage!


He's officially a graduate!

After his graduation it was time for our joint celebration! We has a beautiful room at Boulevard and Cafe 501 did the food. DELISH!!

Then we got lots of great cards and gifts!

Matt's face is kind of cut off...but we got some of our favorite bubbly! :)


And then...the best part...

THE CAKE!!
Could this cake be even one ounce cuter?? Definitely not!!

Our cute moms!

And some of my family! *Disclaimer* Stormi had come straight from work...hints her outfit! She looks beautiful anyway though, huh? :)

It was a great celebration!
And if all the graduation excitement wasn't enough, today is my birthday! And boy oh boy am I getting old. 24!! No way! Oh I can't even think about that or I'll get depressed.
Matt went and got us bagels for my birthday breakfast this morning! The french toast bagel from Old School Bagel is like a little round piece of heaven with a hole in the middle :). So. Good. And sticky!
My birthday present from Matt (he got me a new, bigger bag for my camera) won't be here until tomorrow but I did get a sweet card and one of my very favorite things in the whole world this morning...Candy!

He knows just what I like. :)
I wanted a low-key birthday since it's been SUCH a busy weekend! So we had a late lunch with my mom and then went to her house for cake! (Yes, cake two days in a row!! Hip hip hooray!!)

We had a delightfully delicious sushi lunch at the Sushi Bar!

Yummy for our tummies!
After lunch we went to my mom's house for cake and presents!

Festive, huh? My mom is a sweetie!

She got me this Michael Kors purse I've been wanting for a while...
Isn't it pretty?? :)
And she also got me some cute owl bookends but they haven't arrived in the mail yet!

And then we had more cake!

Hands down the BEST birthday cake ever! I pinned a picture of this cake on pinterest a while back and my mom saw it and saved it. She took the picture to the bakery and they recreated it perfectly!
Here's the original pin...

Pinned Image
Obviously the green '1' had to be omitted since I'm a couple years older! :) But aside from that it's identical! Gypsy Cakes did a fantastic job!!
Now we're just sitting on the couch waiting for GCB to come on! It's been a pretty unbeatable weekend! Matt says it's the best since we got married :)
Tomorrow is the first day of summer and I can't wait to do mostly nothing allllll week! Saturday night Matt and I are going to go out to celebrate my birthday just the two of us so that is something to look forward to!
Byyyye!







No comments: