The week got off to a pretty good start. Sunday we went to Matt's mom's house for a cook out. Monday we went to my mom's and Matt rode his bike. Yesterday was a nice enough day; Matt worked and I applied for some more teaching jobs. And then, last night came. Dun, dun, DUNNNNN...
This is what was waiting for us after the hail storm passed. Fabulous. And both cars have hail dents ALL over them. SO annoying. I'v been saying for years that I wanted to live in the desert where there were no natural disasters... I'm packing my bags AS WE SPEAK!! (Not really. But I'd like to.)
The tornado sirens went off last night and then stopped pretty shortly so we were going to try to speed over to my mom's house bc I don't like the idea of having two floors above us in the event of a tornado. (I'd rather be sucked up than crushed at the bottom of our apartment building!!) As soon we walked out the door to run to the car, the hail started and we couldn't see much. So we were stuck. I knew we'd be crushed for sure. Our upstairs neighbor and his dog were going to make a run for it too but alas, we were all too late. So since the sirens had just gone off and we weren't sure if there would be a tornado or not, we invited him. We couldn't leave him on the second floor in a tornado!
Well, no tornado. Just large hail. Somewhere between golf ball and tennis ball size.
Turns out our neighbor, who we'd never met until last night, is a professional football player. He played for the Rams and recently went to Oakland but was injured and released. He's a nice guy and I really like his dog! He's a five month old Rottweiler and he's HUGE!!! Luckily, Molly was at my mom's...she doesn't like strangers! Stranger danger!
But in other news, I did make some cookies this morning! No since in letting a little hail damage ruin the day! :) I found a recipe on pinterest (imagine that) that was supposed to be super good so I had to try it. The dough had to chill for 24 hours (Are they kidding?? I want to wait 24 hours to eat them??) so I made it yesterday and baked them this morning!
I know...I'm the last person on the plant to start using it. But now I'm totally obsessed! So fun; it's like a whole new world of cell phone picture taking! I've been taking Instagram pictures of everything!
The tornado sirens went off last night and then stopped pretty shortly so we were going to try to speed over to my mom's house bc I don't like the idea of having two floors above us in the event of a tornado. (I'd rather be sucked up than crushed at the bottom of our apartment building!!) As soon we walked out the door to run to the car, the hail started and we couldn't see much. So we were stuck. I knew we'd be crushed for sure. Our upstairs neighbor and his dog were going to make a run for it too but alas, we were all too late. So since the sirens had just gone off and we weren't sure if there would be a tornado or not, we invited him. We couldn't leave him on the second floor in a tornado!
Well, no tornado. Just large hail. Somewhere between golf ball and tennis ball size.
Turns out our neighbor, who we'd never met until last night, is a professional football player. He played for the Rams and recently went to Oakland but was injured and released. He's a nice guy and I really like his dog! He's a five month old Rottweiler and he's HUGE!!! Luckily, Molly was at my mom's...she doesn't like strangers! Stranger danger!
This morning I made some cookies (more on that in a moment) and brought him some so of course I had to get my picture with him. Matt thinks I'm crazy and I'm sure Keith does too.
But in other news, I did make some cookies this morning! No since in letting a little hail damage ruin the day! :) I found a recipe on pinterest (imagine that) that was supposed to be super good so I had to try it. The dough had to chill for 24 hours (Are they kidding?? I want to wait 24 hours to eat them??) so I made it yesterday and baked them this morning!
They turned out okay. Their good, but nothing spectacular.
Ive developed a new obesession... Instagram!!I know...I'm the last person on the plant to start using it. But now I'm totally obsessed! So fun; it's like a whole new world of cell phone picture taking! I've been taking Instagram pictures of everything!
My sweet old man on Memorial Day!
I love that Interurban always has a fresh carnation on the table. :) I also love their steamed vegetable plate with chicken!
My two pumpkins!
Matt rode his bike Monday evening and came across this little critter. I wish he'd brought it home for me! I had a turtle when I was younger (for a grand total of about 3 days before we set it free) that my grandma almost ran over with the lawn mower. Haha! She put it in a cardboard Sprite carton and brought it to me. :)
And since no blog would be complete without at least one random, pointless story...
I'll leave you with this picture of our kooky girl!
I have to keep this down-filled snowman blanket out year round because it's her favorite. :)












1 comment:
Oh Spice Girls! Nothing compares! Lol
Post a Comment