Sunday, June 16, 2013

Another Week in Pictures

This is the third time I've done "a week in pictures."
I tell myself I will just do pictures of the week and skip the words to save some time.
But like that was really ever going to happen.
I like to talk, ok? I just can't help myself.
So really, the title should have been "Another Week in Pictures With A Lot of Words."
 
 
Monday morning I made egg white and turkey bacon breakfast sandwiches on light English muffins!
They were SO luscious; they tasted totally decadent but were totally NOT!

 
Later that afternoon we had to stop by Target. We parked by the cart return and I noticed that someone had forgotten their package of LaCroix on the bottom of the cart! Score for meeeee!!
That's not stealing, right?? Matt hates sparkling water so I get the whole box all to myself. :)

 
On the way home from Target we stopped for a snow cone! Not as good for us as our healthy breakfast, but I always get the "kiddie" size...so that's how I justify it.
 
 
Tuesday Matt had class all day and I spent the afternoon finishing up all my files for school!
I separated all my papers by subject and then put each one in a plastic sleeve protectors. Every. Single. Page. I have five, 2 inch binders FULL. Plus a 1.5inch that I forgot to include in the photo.
I spent two weeks sorting and filing...
 
 
Tuesday evening I went over to a friends house and brought some cookie bars for us to enjoy!
I made the huge, enormous, monumental mistake of adding up all the calories, fat, etc. in this recipe.
Thank. Goodness. I don't make these very often at all. They say ignorance is bliss, but in this case, ignorance is love handles. Yikes.
 
 
Wednesday Matt and I went to my old school and brought home all my personal things from my classroom! How could I have accumulated so much stuff in one school year?
We brought ONE box with us and said, "Oh yea, this will be plenty big to hold all my stuff!" Yea, no.

 
Then we stopped by the administration so I could sign my resignation papers and get my teaching  certificate.
And then later that day I got all my paperwork turned in for my new school! Hooray!
 
 
We enjoyed one of our favorite lunches at Cool Greens, or as I like to call it, Cool Greenies. I just think 'greenies' sounds so much cuter. :) I could easily live on their couscous.
 
Then I spent most the of afternoon working on a project for my classroom!
I'll show you that in a minute.
 
 
Matt popped some popcorn that evening and our little Molly sure did want a bite!
You can't tell from the photo, but she was giving us the most pathetic sad eyes!
What an actress.
 
 
Thursday Matt worked and I didn't do much other than finish this little project for my classroom!
I don''t have the ribbon to hang it on there yet...but you get the picture.

 
We have some baby frog friends that live in our backyard and like to hop around on our patio.
Friday morning this little one let me get close enough for a picture! (The toothbrush is what Matt uses to clean his bike wheels and he left it out last time he cleaned it... In case  you were wondering why there was a toothbursh on the patio and also why the bristles were black.)

 
Friday morning while Matt was reading, I went with my mom to meet with her builder and look at the finalized floor plan, etc. There she is standing where her new home will be in a few months!
 
Saturday was my Mom's neighborhood garage sale.
My Grandma came up for it and we all 3 got soaked when it began to POUR rain and we had to carry everything back inside the garage. Fan. Tastic.
 
 
When I got home from the gargae sale, I found Molly helping Matt study. :)
 
 
And that brings us to today!
 

 
This week while my mom was cleaning out and packing things up, she found a bunch of old pictures of me and my dad. Perfect timing since today is Father's Day!
Do those glasses say "80's" or what?! :)
 
 
Today is also my sweet Snuffy man's 13th birthday! Complete with peanut butter doggy cake!
I make it for him every year! I can't believe I've been loving that bad old man for 13 years!

 
He very much enjoyed his cake. :)
 
Now Matt is studying and I just finished cutting a watermelon and making blueberry sauce.
 
Stay tuned for more summer fun!


 
 
 

 
 

 

No comments: