Well I wrapped up my first year as a teacher a couple weeks ago!
I can't believe the year went so quickly!
It was SO strange being in my room the next day without my 22 friends!
I made lots of memories with those little guys!
I can't believe the year went so quickly!
It was SO strange being in my room the next day without my 22 friends!
I made lots of memories with those little guys!
I got these beautiful flowers from my little friend Kambry
And this awesome owl bag from sweet Hope!
(Please ignore the sideways picture. It absolutely refuses to turn right side up so I'm just going with it.)
(Please ignore the sideways picture. It absolutely refuses to turn right side up so I'm just going with it.)
And then it was Memorial weekend.
That Saturday Matt FINALLY got me an iPad of my very own! I've only been wanting one since they first came out almost 4 years ago! He was getting a new computer for school so I thought I deserved a new toy too! :)
Then we bought a lawn mower and Matt cut the grass for the first time.
Thank goodness it finally started growing!
Thank goodness it finally started growing!
After matt mowed the yard, we enjoyed our latest past time...eating fresh cherries on the patio in the evenings while Molly lays in the grass! I sometimes bring my iPad along too. I'm obsessed. It's just so pretty and white and perfect for pinterest!
The day before Memorial day, Matt worked and my mom and I drove to Choctaw to pick up a desk I found for Matt on craigslist. Who doesn't love a craigslist bargain??
He didn't think the wooden chair would be sufficient for his tushy, so I made him a little cushion!
It's hard to tell in the picture but it's turquoise with a brown trellis pattern.
He says his tush appreciates it.
It's hard to tell in the picture but it's turquoise with a brown trellis pattern.
He says his tush appreciates it.
Then the next day, Memorial day, we had my mom over for a little cookout!
We had hamburgers and hot dogs...you get 3 guesses as to who was hamburgers and hot dogs! Here's a hint, his name starts with an 'M'.
We had hamburgers and hot dogs...you get 3 guesses as to who was hamburgers and hot dogs! Here's a hint, his name starts with an 'M'.
Please also notice the bun-to-hamburger patty ratio in the above picture. It was requested that I make one extra large patty. Think I succeeded?? :)
Then we kept this handsome devil for a couple of nights while my mom was out of town!
And when I say devil, I do mean devil! We got home from errands to find that he had not only escaped from the kitchen where he stays while he's here, he had also PEED on the ottoman! What the??!?!? Good thing he's cute as a button and I can't bring myself to be mad at him!
And when I say devil, I do mean devil! We got home from errands to find that he had not only escaped from the kitchen where he stays while he's here, he had also PEED on the ottoman! What the??!?!? Good thing he's cute as a button and I can't bring myself to be mad at him!
Last week we got Matt's school ID and that made it feel official!
Sunday afternoon we helped my mom clean out her attic a bit and then we came home and matt cleaned his bike
and I put the finishing touches on my rocking chair for my classroom!
I only started in October. Oy vey. But isn't it so cute and fun?!
I only started in October. Oy vey. But isn't it so cute and fun?!
Matt had his first day of class early this morning and this sweet face snuggled beside me after he left!
Love love love that pretty princess!
Love love love that pretty princess!
I had a rather exciting day today actually! Last week I went for an interview at a school here in Edmond. Today they offered me the job and I accepted! I'll be in kindergarten again which is exactly what I wanted, and a lot closer to home!
AND, my mom picked her lot to begin building her new home on today!
We have seriously been blessed BEYOND measure this year. To say that our cup runeth over...it's just not even enough. So very grateful for all He's given us!
And because no post of mine would be complete without lots of food...
We tried something new for dinner! Spaghetti squash!
Matt was very skeptical, so I made him turkey meatballs to go with it to try to warm him up to the idea. He had to admit, it was delish and we didn't even miss the pasta!
We tried something new for dinner! Spaghetti squash!
Matt was very skeptical, so I made him turkey meatballs to go with it to try to warm him up to the idea. He had to admit, it was delish and we didn't even miss the pasta!
I'm now brainstorming all of the pasta dishes I could "health up" at bit by using spaghetti squash!
And for dessert I made a homemade raspberry sauce to have over angel food!
Just raspberries, honey and water and let me tell you, It. Was. Divine. I love finding healthy stuff that's also yummy for our tummies!
Just raspberries, honey and water and let me tell you, It. Was. Divine. I love finding healthy stuff that's also yummy for our tummies!
Tomorrow morning I'm going to my new school to see my new classroom!
So exciting! I'm sure going to miss my team at Northridge! They are a very special group of girls that will not be easily replaced! But I'm excited to meet new friends at my new school!
So exciting! I'm sure going to miss my team at Northridge! They are a very special group of girls that will not be easily replaced! But I'm excited to meet new friends at my new school!
No comments:
Post a Comment