Thursday, July 26, 2012

Happy First Anniversary To Us!

*WARNING* This will be the longest blog post you've ever read in your life full of lots of details that really only matter to me and my intense need to document literally everything! Pretty sure Matt and my mom are the only ones who'll read to the end. :)

Monday was our first wedding anniversary! How can that be? It doesn't seem possible that this sweet day was a WHOLE YEAR ago!?!
Sunday we went to Dallas for a little anniversary trip!
First we checked in.

Then, we went straight to my favorite pizza place in the whole wide world, i Fratelli!

Then we stopped at Corner Bakery for a slice of lemon pound cake!
Then we drove around a bit, and went back to the hotel so we could watch our Sunday night shows! Well, that didn't happen because the stupid bachelorette was on for a million hours! What a ridiculous show.
We woke up Monday and it was our anniverysary! Hip hip hooray!
So we exchanged our gifts and re-read the the letters we wrote to each other and read right before our wedding!
Matt ordered this picture calendar for me with pictures from our wedding! I LOVE IT!! I didn't see the other part of my gift until later that night...I'll you show you that when we get to it.

And I put together this little goodie basket for him. tI had a DVD, candy with cheesy little sayings on it, a silver forturne cookie with a fortune that I wrote, and a subscription to Triathlete magazine! He had mentioned wanting to get a subscription a couple weeks ago, AFTER I had already decided to get him one!
Then we got ready and headed to Grapevine, TX.
Our first stop was lunch at Farina's Winery and Cafe.

We had this UNSPEAKABLY good bruschetta and I had a delicious turkey sandwich and Matt had an Italian sausage sandwich. They make their own sausage and he loved it!


Then we strolled around Grapevine. The have tons of cute shops, wineries and resturants! If we ever wanted to move, we'd move there. :) Such a cute little town.

I found this little sign in one of the stores and was REALLY tempted to buy it and save it for when we have kids. But I didn't...I'll probably just make my own when the time comes! It SO fits me!
We sampled some wines at D'VINE wine...


and stopped by Napoli's Italian Cafe & Confectionery for a little dessert!

Matt had gelato


and I had a S'more! So. Rich. And. Delicious.
Next we were off to the Galleria. That whole huge mall and we didn't buy a thing??! What the?!?
And after that we went back to the hotel to get ready for our anniversary dinner!
We went to a resturant called Perry's Steakhouse and Grille and it was FANtastic! When I made our reservation, I told them it was our first anniversay; when we got there, they had rose petals on our table and a booth with a privacy curtain around it!  The guy was quick to tell us that they had reserved their best booth for us!

And that's me with the knife we stole! No, seriously, we did.
My sweet, angel of husband surprised me with a replica of the top layer of our wedding cake! (We didn't save the top layer. No way was I eating year old cake.) We wouldn't have had anyway to cut our cake when we got back to the hotel so we really didn't have any other option but to steal it! I hope and pray no one noticed me slowly slide it into my purse!
P.S. - It was Matt's idea to theive the knife.
Above is the anniversary cake and below is the wedding cake! Looks pretty good, huh?? And boy was it delicious! What a swell guy I have!

Before we cut the cake, we had to get comfy and put on our "fat clothes" after that divine dinner! I had already washed my face so please ignore the lack of makeup and the stylish attire.
We enjoyed our cake in paper bowls with plastic spoons! We brought our own breakfast stuff so these were the only "dishes" we had. :)

It was a great anniversay!
Tuesday, we went on a tour of the Dallas Cowboys Stadium.


Here's Matt in the box where Jerry Jones  and his sons sit during the games!


And here he is with the big twleve helmets.


Next was the cheerleaders locker room. As soon as we walk through the doors, all the men whip out their cell phones. Oh. Please.

Then we went to the players locker room.



These are taken at the spot where they come onto the field.
And there you have it! Matt really enjoyed the tour! I'm no lover of sports but I thought it was pretty interesting too!
Then, we went to Sundance Square in Fort Worth for late lunch/dinner. It's kind of like Bricktown.

We thought we were going to have sushi at the place behind me in the picture, Piranha Killer Sushi. Well, we sat down and looked at the menu, we realized that the majority of their rolls were raw. We'll pass. Raw fish = no way Jose!

So we opted for a place called Cowtown Diner instead! Based on the name, I was expecting typical diner food...but it was a million times better! Such a neat place.

We had this DIVINE spinach and artichoke dip! You've never met anybody who loves spinach dip like we do! Guaranteed!
And to me delight, they acutall had something HEALTHY on their menu! Grilled chicken and steamed vegetables! Boy oh boy! Probably the only healthy thing I ate the whole trip. True story.

When we got back to the hotel, we enjoyed some gummy bears from Matt's goodie basket! The saying that went with them was, "I love you BEARY much!" Cheesy, huh? :)
And then it was Wednesday! We had lunch at Red Hot and Blue. It's a BBQ place. We all know my love of Barbeque...obviously I'm joking. But Matt loves it and they had super delicious hush puppies and I do love a good hush puppie! So it was a win win. :)

This was my water glass at Red Hot and Blue! Crazy!
Next, we went Northpark mall and I got these two cute dresses!


And we stopped by Uptown popcorn and I got some Red Hot Cinnamon popcorn and Matt got some white chocolate covered popcorn...both were delish.
Our next stop was the Holocaust Museum. It was interesting but very, very small. We went through it probably 20 minutes! 
Here's Matt on the stairs at the Museum.
Then we headed back to the hotel and ordered room service for dinner. I HAVE to have room service on vaction. It's a requirement!



I had a very delicious pasta primavera and Matt had a cheeseburger.
Again, please excuse the stylish clothes. We had already changed.

Then, alas. It was time to go home. We woke up this morning and watched TV in bed for a while, then got ready and checked out of the hotel. We did have to stop for one more i Fratelli's pizza on our way out of town!


It was a FABULOUS anniversary! We had so much fun and gained at least ten pounds each! But I was sooooo ready to get home and see this little cutie pie!!


And if you've read this far, you get a gold star!














4 comments:

Caitlin Boswell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitlin Boswell said...

I get a gold star because I read the whole thing! ;) Haha. Love all the pictures, and it looks like you had some good food!! :) YAY marriage and anniversaries!! :D

Caitlin Boswell said...

Okay, I don't know how it's calling me Lisa Boswell on my comment all the sudden! That's creepy. This is Caitlin! Haha.

Caitlin Boswell said...

Sorry I'm commenting like a billion times...I'm trying to make my name come up correctly! Hahaha. I think I was logged in to my mom-in-law's. LOL. Last comment I promise!