It is officially our Christmas break! And we are oh so excited! This is the first Saturday that I haven't had any homework since school started in August! Only one semester left! Hip hip hooray!! I'm so excited to have a couple of weeks to bake and craft! I made these little felt bird magnents a couple weeks ago for my mentor teacher. Aren't the cute?! I have a new obession with bird and owl stuff. I have a long list of pinterest projects I want to do over the break! I really need a craft room...
Matt already got his christmas present. It was a lump of coal. No not really. I saw a recipe (on pinterest...imagine that!) that was called "lumps of coal" so I had to try it! It was so simple! I just ground up oreos and mixed them into melted marshmallows with a little butter! Their taste is kind of different I think. Matt likes them but I'm still undecided!
Check out the cute gingerbread men measuring spoons and spoon rest my mommy got me! They are darling! I love gingerbread men! Edible and decorative! :) These are ca-ute!
Today I picked up my preserved wedding dress...finally! It took close to four months for it to come back in! I was getting just a bit worried!
I sure loved wearing that dress! I wish I had put it on one more time before taking it to be preserved...Aaaaand I got a tripod for my new camera today! I'm sooo excited to be able to take a family picture on Christmas! I can be in the picture too now! :)

My husband called me an elephant. Yep. I didn't think I'd been eating THAT many cookies! :)
No, no, no, he didn't exactly call me an elephant. Matt's memory is kind of...terrible. Mine is creepy good. Seriously, kinda creepy. (Matt just loves having a wife that remembers EVERYTHING.) And you know that saying, "An elephant never forgets".... well, the other night we were talking about something from like 4 years ago and Matt said, "Hmm I don't think I remember that." I said, "Well, that's not surprising!" So he said, "Well, you're my elephant! I count on you to remember for me!" :) So funny he is. I'm his elephant and he's my spell checker! (I'm not a gud spelr.) :)
He's also decided that he's going to have to check my bag every night to make sure there isn't any food in it. Several weeks ago, on a Sunday evening I noticed a strange smell coming from the place a store my book bag. Matt was up so I asked if he would look to see if I took out the clemetines I took to school the Tuesday before but didn't eat. They were in there. Moldy and stinky. (Don't worry they were in a zippy bag, not just floating around in my bag.) And just a couple days ago I unzipped my bag and discovered a tupperware container of moldy grapes. Oh dear. Matt said, "Well clearly I'm going to have to start checking your bag for uneaten food!" ...Probably not a bad idea! :)
They love each other. A lot of times when I'm in the other room, I hear matt (quietly) talking baby talk to her! He thinks I can't hear but I do! Love it!
Earlier this week we were talking about our honeymoon and what a great time we had so I'll leave you with a few pictures from that trip! :)
2 comments:
I have a long list of Pinterest crafts to make too! The spoon rest and measuring spoons are so cute! My dress is in a box just like that. I'm breaking it open on our 5th anniversary and putting it on! I love it so much!
I felt the same way about my dress! It's so sad it's in a box! :( and you know my spelling is horrific too! Haha
Post a Comment