Thursday, December 1, 2011

25 Days & Counting!

Today was my last day in my practicum class. A sad day indeed. I've been in lots of different classrooms the last few years and this was the best experience yet! I have just loved every minute there! Those were the sweetest kids I've ever met and I miss them already! Katy, the teacher, got me this darling platter to put cookies on for class parties in my own classroom! Isn't that such a sweet gift?! She's been a great mentor teacher!


The kids also wrote me a little letter! It's kind of hard to read but it says "Mrs. Katie, Thank you for coming. You're going to be the best teacher ever. We love you." See how precious they are?? What a priceless treasure this is! I have loved being in a classroom full of kids who are always hugging me, wanting to hold my hand and saying "I love you Mrs. Katie!" Today while they were eating lunch, sweet Charlie said, "Hey guys, raise your hand if you love the Lord!!" Oh my goodness...be still my heart. 


We babysat Snuffy Tuesday night! He is really getting bad in his old age! He tears up his toys!


Exhibit A: What used to be a kangaroo. First it lost it's ears. Then it lost it's pouch.


Exhibit B: Then he chewed a gaping hole in it's leg.


Exhibit C: The guts he pulled out of the wounded leg.

He's a monster! Well, not really. He's a bad dog but I love him a whole lot!


It's hard not to love a face like that. :)

The countdown has officially begun!! We need to start our Christmas shopping! We never get each other surprise gifts, we usually know what we are getting from each other. But we like that! That way you know that the other person is going to like what you get them! There was one Christmas that Matt's gifts to me were a surprise and I loved them!!! (He says he can't pick out gift for me but he can when he wants to :)) That year he got me the cookie press I had been dying for and a coach keychain/wallet thing and some other little things he knew I'd been wanting! I use that cookie press every Christmas to make spritz cookies! They have an obscene amount of butter in them...like 2 whole sticks. And it's got to be real, full fat, Land-O-Lakes, oh so sinful butter. Hence the reason I only make them once a year! Matt loves them! :)


That would be my husband. Haha! He had to take part in a silly you tube video for one of his nursing classes; this is a screenshot of him in the video playing the doctor! Here's the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJU2rrGbjlo






No comments: