Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's the Mooost Wonderful Tiiime of the Yeeear!

Well, our Christmas season is in full swing!! Last weekend my mom and I went to Hobby Lobby and browsed the Christmas stuff! Don't you just love how it's all 50% off for weeks before Christmas?! I got a cute santa stocking, a FABulous leopard/santa box (santa, and leopard print...two of my very favorite things!!), an OU ornament for Matt and my mom got me a stuffed santa that's just so cute I could die.



Kinda hard to see but the box part is leopard!




Basically all my Christmas stuff is Santa. Love santas. Annnnnd, my mom surpised me with a tree topper and an "our first christmas" ornament!! And not just any tree topper, a Jim Shore tree topper. Oh my goodness, it is just perfect! The ornament is adorable too! It's two little marshmallows dressed as a bride and groom sitting one a chocolate bar and graham cracker! So cute! Matt and I both love smores so it fits us! :)


This is the tree topper!


And the ornament!

We're in the process of getting our tree and decorations put to place! Picture to come in my next post! And yesterday I started listening to my favorite Christmas CD in the car!! (Matt was overjoyed! Ok, maybe not.)

And the very best news of all is that we ordered my Christmas present early!! I've been DYING, literally, to get a DSLR camera for a long time! We ordered it tonight! I've been researching the one I wanted and we went to look at it yesterday (that's when we listened the Christmas music; so fun!) and I was in love the moment I saw it. It's gorgeous. We could get a better deal online so we ordered it tonight and I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself!! Eeeeek! It can't get here soon enough!

I also recently got into Pinterest. Best. Thing. Ever. I'm addicted. Or at least I would be if I had more time. Darn that homework getting in the way of my pinterest pinning! :) I find so many fun craft ideas, recipes (which ill never make because they're never figure friendly) and holiday cuteness GALORE! Oh my, so many things I plan to make/do when I have the time.

Pinned Image Pinned Image Pinned Image

We felt our first earthquake last weekend! What a strange experience for Oklahoma! I was laying down and Matt was brushing his teeth. I was laying there, eyes as big as saucers, when Matt came in and I said, "WE JUST HAD AN EARTHQUAKE!!" He said, "We did?!? I thought it was just a car with loud bass!" Oh my. He is so funny! My life sure would be boring without that sweet guy! :)

4 comments:

Aunt Mary said...

love santas!!! but woah it seems early! haha

Rebekah said...

I bought some Hobby Lobby Christmas stuff too! I'm going back for more next month! The tree topper and ornament are so cute! How fun that you're getting that camera. Dylan has agreed to buy me one when we have kids. So now I'm waiting! :)

MaryBeth said...

I love the newlywed smore ornament!! So cute! I am really pushing myself to not put up any Christmas decor until after Thanksgiving...but I am going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and I have a feeling it will be even harder to wait after that! lol

Katie said...

Mary!! It's never too early for Christmas!! :)

Rebekah- I always thought I'd wait until kids to get one too! Try this argument on Dylan..."I need to get it early so I have enough time learn to use it well by the time the kids come!"

MB- Did you get any cute things at Hobby Lobby?!