Well, it's been about 109 years since my last post.
It was the day of our 2nd anniversary on July 23rd.
So, here's what's gone on since then! (I'll try to be brief but I think we all know that won't happen.)
It was the day of our 2nd anniversary on July 23rd.
So, here's what's gone on since then! (I'll try to be brief but I think we all know that won't happen.)
We spent the first few days of August in Kansas as this cute little lodge to celebrate our anniversary!
That's Matt in front of the carriage house; that's where our room was. :)
They had lots of pretty flowers.
They had (the MOST delicious) chocolate covered strawberries and champagne waiting in our room when we arrived!
There was also a basket of "Made in Kansas" goodies!
The root beer. Oh, the root beer.
I've been soda sober for about 4 years now, but I fell off the wagon on our
The root beer. Oh, the root beer.
I've been soda sober for about 4 years now, but I fell off the wagon on our
trip and downed this glorious, sugary goodness. But don't worry, I'm back on the wagon and soda free again now.
They served us dinner in our room on our first night there...unspeakably good.
And I loved the weird silverware!
(please excuse the t-shirt attire. We had a funeral to go to the morning we left so we had been in the car for HOURS in dress clothes.)
And I loved the weird silverware!
(please excuse the t-shirt attire. We had a funeral to go to the morning we left so we had been in the car for HOURS in dress clothes.)
We visited a creamery and tasted lots of weird tasting cheese.
It was all made with raw milk and that totally weirds me out!
I don't even drink pasteurized cow's milk; I can't believe I ate cheese made from milk STRAIGHT OUT OF THE COW! Ick!
It was all made with raw milk and that totally weirds me out!
I don't even drink pasteurized cow's milk; I can't believe I ate cheese made from milk STRAIGHT OUT OF THE COW! Ick!
We had also had a picnic lunch by the pool.
And had massages.
And went for a walk in the woods. There were lots of bugs.
Kansas City wasn't far from where we stayed so we shopped and went to the Melting Pot!
Matt proposed at the OKC Melting Pot 4 years ago!
My drink had a glow stick in it! So fun!
Matt proposed at the OKC Melting Pot 4 years ago!
My drink had a glow stick in it! So fun!
There was this book in our room where people could write about their stay at the lodge.
It was so funny to read some of the goofy stuff people had written! It was lots of super cheesy, lovey dovey stuff...so hilarious.
We had a good 2nd anniversary trip!
It was so funny to read some of the goofy stuff people had written! It was lots of super cheesy, lovey dovey stuff...so hilarious.
We had a good 2nd anniversary trip!
After we got back I started getting my new classroom ready!
I don't know how it's possible that I have no pictures of my room other my fridge and microwave.
I guess that tells you JUST how thrilled I am to be able to have my own in my room!
We all have our priorities, people.
No more packing lunches everyday! I. hate. packing. lunches.
I don't know how it's possible that I have no pictures of my room other my fridge and microwave.
I guess that tells you JUST how thrilled I am to be able to have my own in my room!
We all have our priorities, people.
No more packing lunches everyday! I. hate. packing. lunches.
I also have my own thermostat AND I can have scentsy warmers!
A whooole neeeeeeew wooorld, a dazzling place I never knew! (Imagine me singing that in my best princess Jasmine voice.)
Ok, I'm getting kooky here. Let's get back on track.
A whooole neeeeeeew wooorld, a dazzling place I never knew! (Imagine me singing that in my best princess Jasmine voice.)
Ok, I'm getting kooky here. Let's get back on track.
I work with some very sweet girls!
My cute new friend Andera gave us a all a little pick-me-up for the first day of school!
She even got me water instead of soda :)
My cute new friend Andera gave us a all a little pick-me-up for the first day of school!
She even got me water instead of soda :)
In late August we celebrated my mom's and grandma's birthdays!
The wine...well, my grandma goes nowhere near alcohol. A teetotaler.
But something possessed her to buy my mom a bottle of wine for her birthday. It was a moment that had to be documented!
The wine...well, my grandma goes nowhere near alcohol. A teetotaler.
But something possessed her to buy my mom a bottle of wine for her birthday. It was a moment that had to be documented!
Matt had his first day of clinicals as a Nurse Practitioner student a few weeks ago!
He's doing pediatrics right now and looking forward to moving on to adults! Haha!
He's doing pediatrics right now and looking forward to moving on to adults! Haha!
A couple of weeks ago was Spirit Week at school! We had dress up themes each day and Rumble came to visit! You wouldn't believe how excited my little kinders got Rumble; it was so cute.
One of our dress up days was crazy socks and shoes day, as you can see. :)
One of our dress up days was crazy socks and shoes day, as you can see. :)
We have been babysitting Snuffy a lot lately because my mom has a project at work that she'sworking a lot later that than normal.
One afternoon last week, we had him with us and Matt wanted a Starbucks coffee.
The girl at the window asked if "our baby" as she called him, would like some whipped cream! I was thinking she's give him a spoonful or something...no she came back with an espresso shot cup piled high with whipped cream! We only let him have a few licks of course. Do people really let their dogs eat that much whipped cream? Yikes.
And Molly has a new set of MacKenzie Childs bowls from her GiGi!
She loves them. :)
She loves them. :)
We treated ourselves to a fire pit a couple weeks ago and it's finally getting cooler! Hooray!
I see s'mores in our future!
I see s'mores in our future!
My mom's house is really coming along! It's hard to see, but that's her standing in the doorway.
This was a few days ago; the roof is mostly framed now too!
She'll be moving in in no time!
This was a few days ago; the roof is mostly framed now too!
She'll be moving in in no time!
If you made it all the way to end of this long post filled with randomness, you get a skittle!
My kindergarteners will do just about anything for a skittle! :)
My kindergarteners will do just about anything for a skittle! :)
























No comments:
Post a Comment