Today we celebrated our second anniversary!
Matt had his last day of summer class this morning so it was a double celebration!
Matt had his last day of summer class this morning so it was a double celebration!
Last year we went with the traditional first anniversary gift, paper.
This year, our gift to each other was our new countertops but I just couldn't let this one pass without trying to incorporate the traditional second gift which is cotton. Cotton candy counts, right?? :)
This year, our gift to each other was our new countertops but I just couldn't let this one pass without trying to incorporate the traditional second gift which is cotton. Cotton candy counts, right?? :)
This evening we feasted at one of our FAVorite places, the Cheesecake Factory!
On our first anniversary last year, we stole a butter knife from the restaurant we went to in Dallas!
Matt had our cake top recreated but we didn't have a knife to cut it with. So we HAD to take it!
Matt had our cake top recreated but we didn't have a knife to cut it with. So we HAD to take it!
So now it's a tradition! :)
I put sticky notes on them when we got home so we can remember which anniversary each one is from as the years go on.
I put sticky notes on them when we got home so we can remember which anniversary each one is from as the years go on.
Our other tradition is to re-read the letters we wrote to each other on our wedding day!
Hands down, that letter is my most prized possession.
Hands down, that letter is my most prized possession.
Next weekend we're going on a little anniversary trip!
Last weekend I helped with another wedding and it was so much fun!
I really liked the bride's style!
I really liked the bride's style!
When we got back to Caitlin's house after the wedding to upload the photos from my card to her computer, her husband had a slice of her favorite cookie cake waiting for her!
When I got home, Matt had Swedish Fish waiting for me! :)
Caitlin and I really connect on a whole new level of foodie. Haha!
When I got home, Matt had Swedish Fish waiting for me! :)
Caitlin and I really connect on a whole new level of foodie. Haha!
We babysat my sweet Snuffy again today and I swear he's getting more handsome everyday!
And of course, no blog is complete without our girl! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment