Saturday, February 23, 2013

We're Homeowners!


Last Friday we closed on our new house!
 

 
Then we moved in on Monday!
 
 
Little scary riding in the U-haul with Matt as the driver! No, not really...I think he drove the U-haul better than he drives in his car!! :)
 
 
That's Matt's friend Jacob. He helped us move!
Please excuse me looking a mess. It was windy and cold.
 
Our friends MaryBeth and Kevin stopped by Monday night!
And then they backed into one of the neighbors car that was parked in the street when they left!
Hahaha! It's not funny, but kinda! MaryBeth, you two better not have told them you were at our house! :)
 
 
After MB and Kevin left, we went grocery shopping and then came home and had our first dinner in our new home! A lovely frozen chicken/vegetable/pasta dish! Don't worry, we typically never eat that kind of junk but it was late, we were hungry and it was quick! Oh well, it kept us from starving. :)
 
We both took off Tuesday as well to get some things put to place.
I'll post some photos when we get things straighted up and decorated a bit.
 
Matt always write cute stuff on this little magnadoodle on our fridge :)
 
 
Tuesday afternoon my mom brought us this congratulatory cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes !
White chocolate raspberry and DElicious! :)
(Why do almost all of my posts involve food?)
 
Then it was back to work on Wednesday... whomp whomp whommmpp.
But much to my delight, we had a snow day on Thursday! Hip hip hooray!! There IS a bright side of being a teacher! :) And even MORRRRE to my delight, Matt was off Thursday too!
 
 
Matt loves pancakes. Loves them.
So we started our snow day off with pancakes and bananas!
 
Today we attempted to sand and stain my old bedroom furniture.
Why in. the. WORLD. did we think we were cut out to refinish furniture?! Sweet Lord.
Soooo, what time does Mathis Brothers close??
 
Well anyway. We are loving being in our home and I spend every last second of my spare time looking on pinterest and shopping online for all sorts of fun house stuff. Matt is afraid of what all my grand ideas will do our bank account. :)
 
Let's see...here's what's been going on between my last post and now...
 
 
I taught my kids to subtract a couple of weeks and we had a grand ol' time playing subtraction bingo!
 
 
My mom and I went to the Home and Garden Show. We didn't come home with anything, but we did enjoy a peach wine-a-rita while we were there! We're always up for anything with wine! :)
 
 
I had my second formal observation by my principal. My kids were FANTASTIC (they may or may not have been bribed with donuts for good behavior. These kids have a love of donuts like you can't even imagine!) and he left this note on the whiteboard on our door! The kids were so excited! 
 
 
I shot some pictures of this handsome man's first birthday party!
 
 
And the next weekend I shot miss Ruby's 6th birthday party!
I adore this little beauty queen!
 
The weekend before Valentine's day, my mom and I went for our 2nd anual Valentine's tea at Inspirations tea room!
 
 
And then on Valentine's Day, my cute valentine had these pretty flowers delivered to my school!
 
 
And my sweet kindergarten friend Tate brought me a box of chocolates! :)
 

 
Oh and the other day I got to use my new address stamp!
It's the little things that excite me.
 
Now we're sitting here in our new home watching 20/20 in our jammies and having some yummy red wine! What a life, huh?! :)
 
As usual, I'll leave you with a picture of my little princess.
 
 
We had to get her another little bed to keep in our closet because she likes to be in the bathroom with us when we are getting ready and she prefers a soft place for her little bum! :)
She also likes to lay under a blanket but I haven't had to time to make her one for that bed so Matt covered her up with one of my fleece jackets...what a spoiled girl!
Ok, that's enough randomness for now.






1 comment:

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Congratulations on your new place! It's super-cute! How exciting!!!

The pic of your "little princess" is so adorable!