Saturday, December 22, 2012

The best Christmas present EVER.

 It's been a while since my last post! I do love this busy time of year!
I'll try to keep it short...
 
 
When we got to school the Monday after Thanksgiving, we got a VERY exciting package!
The kids literally SQUEALED with excitement when they found out it came from the North Pole!
 
 
Santa sent us and elf and a letter! :)
The kids named him Oscar and he sure is mischevious!
 
 
 
One day he even brought us a book! :)
We had so much fun with him! And knowing that Oscar was going to report behavior to Santa was EXCELLENT behavior incentive! haha!
 
 
We also made a Christams tree and stockings to festivize (that's my new word) our room!
 
 
My mom and I went to Merry Marketplace and had these cutie patootie snowman cupcakes.
 
 
Then she hosted a Pampered Chef party and I wanted to buy everything in the catalog.
But I settled for these gems. Matt's glad I used some restraint.
 
 
And then the Christmas cards started coming in!
 
 
This is our card this year.

 
And oh happy happy HAPPY day, Wednesday was my last day of school for two weeks!
We had our Christmas party and I wore this headband...it's festivized! :)
 
Now we're just enjoying being off together!
 
Oh wait... one more thing...
 
We bought a house today!!
 
We have been looking here and there for a while, but nothing too serious. Thursday afternoon we talked to the bank about a loan. Later that day we were just driving though a neighborhood we like and saw a few houses we wanted to see so we went to chat with the people in the model home. The second house we went in just felt like ours! It had several of the things we were looking for and best of all, it was brand new! Not even finished yet!
So we left and talked/prayed about all night Thursday, all day Friday. We kept picturing ourselves in that home and talking about it like it was already ours! We knew we just had to have it. We're the kind of people they know what we want when we see it. Why overthink it?
So this morning we went back with my mom and our realtor. And by the time we left, it was ours! Signed, sealed, delivered! :)
 
The Lord has been so good to us it's almost hard to really believe.
Blessed doesn't even begin to describe. Pretty Sure I'm THE luckiest girl on the planet!
 
 
Signing the papers!

 
Putting a monopoly house on our lot to show it's sold!
 

Feels pretty surreal!
(it was very windy today so excuse the crazy hair)
 
 
Us and Momma. :)
 
 
That's us with Brandon, the representative from the builder.
 
 
When we went back by a little later, they had moved the giant dirt pile! Hooray!
 
Quite a Christmas present, huh?
HURRY. UP. February!