Sunday, October 7, 2012

Just 3 Little School Day's til Fall Break!

What a delightful weekend it's been!
When we woke up Saturday morning it was cold enough for my first cup of hot chocolate of the season, and for socks! I'm a collector of fun socks.
 
 
Then we were off to the bike shop! Matt (after having his bicycle for only 6 months, by the way) got a new triathlon bike yesterday! I think my getting a new camera a couple weeks ago gave him the new toy "bug." He somehow convinced me to get on board with the idea...
But I mean, really, who could resist this face?! :)
 
 
And he work so hard for us, he deserves it!
 
Here he is, trying it out!
 
 
After that we did some winter clothes shopping, then went to my mom's to visit her and this little man for a bit.
 
 
Today was the usual...church, lunch, grocery store. It's a real shame that Tomorrow is Monday, huh?
Buuuuut I have a short week this week! Thursday and Friday are fall break! Hip hip hooray! It's hard to believe it's already fall break time. And Halloween is just around the corner!
 
I put these Halloween window clings up in my classroom last Monday morning and my kids think they are the colest thing EVER. The week after fall break we're going to disect a pumpkin! They will love it; can't wait!
 

I also got my first surprise from my secret pal last week!
Each teacher has a secret pal, and is a secret pal to another teacher. We leave/get treats in our boxes every so often and at the end of the year we'll find out who our pal was! :)
 
 
Thursday's are our t-shirt and jeans day at school. Last Thursday I wore these...
 
 
and BLEW their little minds. Haha! It was hilarious! They said things like, "What are THOSE?!" "What do you call them?!" "Are those socks?" "Are you going to wear them outside?!" "So you're REALLY going to wear them outside?!" Can I touch them?!"
I ended up stopping in the middle of a lesson and letting them all come up and touch my shoes because they were just SO fascinated. So funny. :)
 
Well anyway, that's all for now.
I'll leave you with this picture of what is probably my FAVORITE view in all the world.
 
 
 
 

No comments: