Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bones, Flowers and Cookies! Oh My!

We have had such a nice break!I wish it wasn't ending!
 Wednesday afternoon we went to the Museum of Osteology and it was so interesting! They have a lot of neat skeletons!


A creepy Baboon! I didn't care for the monkey skeletons. They all looked scary and mean.


An Iguana!

A Saber Tooth! Oh me, oh my!


In the left corner is Chihuahua! Next to it is a Great Dane!

And here's Matt next to a Sei Whale skull! Huge! Look how big the eye socket is!! There was also a humpback whale skelton hanging from the ceiling of the museum! Boy oh boy, was it GIIIIINORMOUS!! It went the entire length of the room! We really liked the museum!
As we were going through the gift shop, I saw this pretty ceramic owl. I wasn't going to get it but Matt knew I would really like to have it so he insisted we get it! What a sweetie pie husband! :)
After the museum, we went to the park to see the beautiful flowers! SO many pretty ones! When we have a house, I'll definitely need a flower bed. And a vegetable garden. And an herb garden.


And yes, I know the dandelion is a weed, not a flower. But I like them anway!
Thursday we did absolutely nothing and it was wonderful! I didn't even do my hair or put make up on! Some days it's nice to not have to get all foo foo-ed up, isn't t it?? But the day wasn't a total waste! I did make roasted veggie pizza for dinner and then made this cute post-it note holder thingy majigger for my mom!

I like the way it turned out! If I had a desk I'd make one for myself! Maybe when I have a teacher desk...

Friday was another good day! We had lunch with Matt's mom at Interurban; I could literally live on their beer muffins. So. Good. We'll pretend they're low calorie and fat free. :) Then Matt took his new bike out for a spin while I went to visit my mom for a bit! He rode 14 miles! Good grief Charlie Brown! AND after that exhausting bike ride, he still helped me scrub the kitchen and bathroom!! Man oh man, what a catch he was! Which reminds me, Friday marked 8 months that we've been married! :)

We didn't do a whole lot saturday! We grocery shopped and stopped by Eileen's for a little treat! :)
SUCH a good sugar cookie! So soft and buttery! And the almond frosting...so good. Boy oh boy was it yummy for our tummies! I love the lime green frosting!
After that, we picked up my Snuffy man from my mom's house! She went to visit my grandma so we're babysitting! I love this old geezer! We tried taking him to dog park but that lasted about 45 seconds. The second he saw the other dogs he went COMpletely BANANAS! He doesn't play well with others. Haha!
He looks so sweet and mellow doesn't he? Don't let him fool you. :)
We had to skip church this morning because if we leave him alone in our apartment he barks without ceasing and I don't want the neighbors calling to complain about us!
A few weeks ago I started playing Draw Something and I'm obsessed! It's so much fun! I'm not much of an artist but oh well. I convinced Matt to start playing with me...he doesn't care much for it but he plays anyway. Well...turns out neither of us is much of an artist! Here's one of his drawing...

Any guesses??
'Monster' was my guess.
It's a raccoon!! Oh dear...

Tomorrow I'm off to second grade! It will be an experience for sure. I'm not super crazy about grades above 1st...they just aren't as warm and fuzzy. Know what I mean? I like the wee ones!! :) But my new mentor teacher does seem like a very sweet lady so I'm looking forward to getting to know her!
We sure are sad to see spring break go. BUT, the brightside is that that means we are starting the LAST few weeks of school!  Can. Not. Wait.

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

I just started playing Draw Something and convinced Kevin to start playing! What are your usernames so we can play!

Where is that museum?! Kevin and I need something fun to do on our next day off together!