Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is it Halloween yet?

Remember how I wasn't crazy about the class I was doing my practicum in? Well it got weirder and weirder so my professor moved me to a new school! I went Friday for the first time and LOVED IT!!! My mentor teacher is fabulous and the school is exactly the kind of place a teacher would want to work. Oh my goodness, it's just perfect. Today while I was there, they did a class cooking project! They were all so anxious for their turn to add and ingredient or stir... it was precious! I can't wait to spend the semester with those sweet Kindergarteners!!
I really, really love Halloween. (No gross, scary stuff though, please.) Last time I went to the store I bought some mellowcreme pumpkins and I was oh so excited! It's not fall without them! We loooove them! I love seeing all the trick-or-treaters in their cute costumes!! Snuffy dresses up every year to and all the kids that come to the door just adore him. There will picutures when the time comes, fear not!

I put out the decorations too! Even the stove is festive! :)


As much as I love Halloween, I'd really like to just fast forward through October and November and move right on to Christmas. I live for Christmas. My Christmas season starts the day after Halloween. (Thanksgiving is just kind of an ugly holiday so I kind of skip right over it.) I play Christmas CDs in the car starting November 1st! That's also when I'll put the tree up. Matt thinks that's crazy but he'll love how festive the house looks when I get everything decorated, I just know it! :) And im oh so excited about all the baking I have planned! Spritz cookies, french apple pie, gingerbread men...the list goes on and on. Oh me, oh my it will be such great fun!

Here are the gingerbread men I made last year! They were so yummy!

Well, we watched Revenge Wednesday night and it was soooo good! We're already hooked; can't wait for tomorrow's episode! There's something so intriguing about such a sinister story!

Matt had a very interesting day at work Sunday! He got to stand in on an open heart surgery and heart valve replacement! He told me alllll about it Sunday night; he said he was about a foot away from beating human heart! He also told me about the little tool they use to burn through fat and that it smelled like burning flesh...he loves gore! Haha! Good thing, considering his profession.
Little miss Molly is getting more spoiled everyday. She has to have her blanket and her favorite pumpkin toy by the table while Matt and I eat dinner! Have you noticed how many picture of Molly have the brown blanket in them? She's attached to it.


My two sweeties!! :)










 

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of Snuffy in his costumes! Do you ever dress up Molly in costumes? Kevin and I have already started looking for one for Roxy. haha I know...a little pathetic. lol