Monday, August 22, 2011

Cupcakes, Smoothies and Dynamite

Well today was our first day back to school. Actually, our last, first day of school!! At least it is for me! Matt plans to attend graduate school so I guess it wasn't his last first day. Darn.
Saturday was my grandma's 74th birthday so we had a cookout for her at my mom's house! And then Sunday was my mom's birthday we had the family over to our apartment for lunch and birthday cake! I made slow cooked chicken, risotto and bruschetta! Here's the giant cupcake cake I made her! :)



We've been drinking a lot of smoothies lately! The other day,  I cut open a peach that was a little softer than we prefer so I decided to throw it in the blender with a banana, some ice, almond milk and a sprinkle of splenda! It was SO yummy!! We've made them literally every day since!


Here's a funny story about Matt. Last Tuesday we watched America's Got Talent; there was a group that sang the song "Dynamite." Well, after the show went off, Matt got in the shower. I'm sitting on the couch watching TV and I notice a faint sound coming from the bathroom! So I muted the TV to get a better listen. It was Matt, ever so quietly singing "Dynamite" in the shower!! HAHAHA! I think he was trying to be so quite because he thought I wouldn't hear. Matt is so quite and reserved so it was pretty funny to witness this performacnce! :)

Matt has class from 8-3 tomorrow and I go from 2-7:15! It will be a long day for both of us! Before I go to my classes on campus, I have to as assignment for my online Spanish class. I'm horrible at foreign languages! I'll leave you with this picture of us! It's one Matt particularly likes.


If only my eyes didn't look like a wrinkly old lady in this one!




5 comments:

Rebekah said...

That cupcake cake is amazing! Dylan is a huge fan of smoothies. I make them quite a bit! I wish Dylan sang quietly in the shower. He's a loud one!

Katie said...

Hahaha!! That's funny!
I used "The Great Cupcake" pan from Williams Sonoma to make the cake! It bakes in two seperate pieces; it's a breeze! What's Dylan's favorite kind of smoothie that you make for him?! I shall try making it myself!

MaryBeth said...

I would eat that entire cup cake if it were me! haha I love the blog Katie! I'm glad we decided to jump on board with Rebekah!

Rebekah said...

Oh how neat! I'm going to have to look into that cake pan. I would love to do that for D's birthday!

Dylan loves pretty much any smoothie. When I make them he prefers banana, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, and a few raspberries. We usually just throw in a bunch of stuff and call it good!

Katie said...

Haha MaryBeth, the cupcake was BIG! I don't think you could have eaten it all!!

Rebekah, that's basically what i've been doing; just throwing stuff in and blending! It's a great way to use up fruit that's at the "use it or lose it" stage!